Oh, Canada has given us many things ….
(OK, that’s a stretch . . . )
But the best thing to come out of Canada is my buddy
As an invited part of LLDB’s blog tour to celebrate her new book, I bring you Linda’s newest bestseller ….
Before I go on . . .
I want to let you know that you can hear LLDB talk all about her book, her process and her inspiration on my podcast, Creative Mojo with Mark Lipinski.
To listen just click this link: http://toginet.com/podcasts/creativemojo/CreativeMojoLIVE_2012-07-11.mp3?type=showpage
Now, don’t be an idiot . . .
Listen, cupcake, Christmas is just right around the corner. And if you have plans for making and creating the perfect holiday, you’d better get started on those Christmas projects — TODAY!!!
Linda’s book is full of easy, fun and whimsical ideas that will make your sister-in-laws simply curl with jealousy once they see what you have created.
I ask you: Isn’t it worth anything to see those bitches , curl?
A Little History . . .
I first met Linda Lum DeBono when when we were children in the Japanese internment camps during World War II
OK, that’s a lie (But, I had Linda’s adorable baby picture and just I couldn’t help myself)
First of all, Linda is Chinese, not Japanese, and while she was born during the early 1930’s I wasn’t birthed until the very late 1950’s. And she’s CANADIAN (Hello? Weren’t you reading?)
Linda and I actually met at our local quilt shop, Kindred Quilts, after I had fallen in love with one of her patterns and the shop owner promised to introduce us. We’ve been fast friends (and neighbors) since then. She’s the sister I never had and I am, frankly, Linda’s one that got away . . .
HERE’S WHY YOU NEED THIS BOOK
- There are 21 fun and whimsical projects in the book, including wall hangings, place mats, ornaments, stockings, table runners, a tree skirt, an Advent calendar, and more!
- Linda is a master at using novelty and bright prints so your Christmas stuff won’t look like the same old crap you’ve been buying and making for years!
- People LOVE to get handmade gifts like these rather than some cheesy Hickory Farms sausage basket — so get to work!
- Linda is not writing books for her health. This is how she makes her living. Unless you’d like to see her and her beautiful family living in an old refrigerator box behind your local Piggly Wiggly, then I suggest you get out your checkbook and start ordering (…the books make great gifts, too).
- She uses Aurifil Thread.
- That Patchwork Place does great books!
Just Some of What You’ll Find Inside
The holiday world of Linda Lum DeBono inspired designs await you. Great instructions and easy techniques, even a beginner can master!
You Can WIN a Copy of Linda’s Book
All you have to do is leave a comment right here. One comment and you have until Saturday, August 4, to do it. Next Sunday, I’ll be choosing a name, at random, from the comments and I’ll send you a copy of SEW MERRY AND BRIGHT!
So, tell your friends. Get your family members to comment. Your mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers. The more entries, the better your chances of winning!
If I get 500 or more comments in the next week — I will throw in a Fat Quarter Greatest Hits Pack of Mark Lipinski’s Home fabrics! (That’s a $40 value, dude.)
ORDER YOUR COPY NOW
Order your copy thorugh your local quilt shop or independent bookstore. If you just can’t wait here’s a link to Amazon.com to order your own copy of SEW MERRY AND BRIGHT.
Just click on the photo:
Love you, cupcakes! xoxom
I’ll be posting a VIDEO tour or Linda’s book, SEW MERRY AND BRIGHT soon! Keep watching!
If you’ve never used Auriful Thread. . .
. . . then you haven’t really sewn!
Why not start off with my BASICS collections?