If you’re liking this blog Please tell your friends about it!
I’d really appreciate it! xoxom
YOKE DU YOUR
While out for the evening the swinger ended up with an older woman at a club, she looked pretty good for a 60-year-old. In fact she wasn’t too bad at all, and he found himself thinking that she probably had a really hot daughter. They drank a bit (well more than a bit), they had a snuggle, and she asked him if he ever had a “sportsman double”?
“Whats that?” he asked.
“It’s a mother and daughter threesome,” she said.
“Oh,” he said as his mind began to embrace the idea. “No, I haven’t.” And he wondered what this daughter of hers might look like.
They drank a bit more, then she says with a wink that tonight was ‘his lucky night’.
He went back to her place and walked in hoping for the best night of his life. She puts on the hall light and shouted upstairs, “Mom, you still awake?”
Artists or art that turns me on and feeds my muse! Like it or dislike it, what about this art inspires your own art or creativity? The Passion of the Painter (after Zurbaran) by Valery Koroshilov
Look around you. Design is everywhere! How can you incorporate the beauty that surrounds you into your art or craft? Tiny tattoos.
IDEA I LOVE
Winter is coming so why not felt an army of these sweet lil’ penguins to help decorate and celebrate your winter holidays? Not hard to make, no two are alike, and you are the master of your very own March of the Penguins. Here’s how you make ’em:
IDEA I LOVE
Wrap Oh Danny boy in this beauteous Celtic Weave crocheted blanket! Yeah, I know that you know how to crochet and that you don’t need another project — but do you know how to do this stitch? If not, then challenge yourself, keep your mind and brain young and vibrant! Here’s everything you need to know including a video! Good luck, Comrade Cupcake! Start here:
IDEA I LOVE
This hand embroidered campfire shirt embellishment is just what the doctor ordered for a whimsical summer evening by the fire. Suck at embroidery? Well, just try to give it a shot. If it really turns into a disaster (which I doubt it will because you are wonderfully creative) then toss the whole damn thing into the burning pit. Here’s a step by step:
HEIRLOOM TOMATO AND GOAT CHEESE TART
Assorted varieties of tomatoes add color and freshness to this puff pastry tart. The pastry can be made ahead, then topped and baked at the last minute.
- 1 17.3 – ounce package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup finely shredded or grated Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 4 – 4 1/2 – ounce tub goat cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh lemon thyme or thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes or tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt (optional)
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 1 hour.
- For tart shells, in a small bowl, mix egg yolk with water. Set aside. Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll gently to flatten creases (you should have a 10-inch square). Cut 1/2-inch strips from all 4 sides of each pastry sheet. Brush the edges of the pastry sheets with the egg mixture. Place the cut strips on top and along edges of the pastry sheets, gently pressing in place to form a raised edge; trim ends. Place pastries on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush pastries with egg mixture. Prick pastry with a fork. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in a 425 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks.
- In a small bowl stir together goat cheese, garlic, and the thyme. Spread over bottom of tart shells.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of the goat cheese mixture, overlapping slightly. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with basil and coarse salt, if you like. Slide onto cutting board or serving platter, cut each tart into serving-size pieces. Makes 8 servings.
make ahead tip
- Tart shells may also be baked up to 4 hours ahead; cover and store at room temperature.
Anastasia Elias transforms the everyday toilet roll tube into an intricately crafted story scene. From a boxing ring to a football game, from a hairdressers to a zoo. Using the depth of the tube to its full potential, Anastasia introduces small amounts of light through one end to complete the paper roll art or as Anastasia calls them ‘Rouleaux’. Here’s her website: http://www.anastassia-elias.com
WORDS TO LIVE BY
Beth Hayes, former Editor of McCall’s Quilting is one of my favorite people in the world. This Checkered Star quilt is from her personal collection and is patterned here:
I’M HERE TO HELP YOU!
I am always here to help you! If you have any general crafting, cooking, needle art, or quilting and fiber art questions — or any question at all, all you have to do is ask. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll help find it for you! Use me as your resource. Leave your questions in the COMMENTS section of the blog below. xoxom
We get juiced on Mateus and just hang loose.
IDEA I LOVE!
Recycle your candles and even make your own candle wicks following this tutorial. THINK FALL! Now is the time, with the explosion of August yard sales, to find and scoop up, the little toss away cans and containers for your mood lighting project. Add some scent, too. Plain candles are so 1973. Start here:
Porkfolio is the world’s smartest piggy bank. It wirelessly connects to an app on your mobile device so you can track your balance and set financial goals from afar. Its nose lights up in celebration every time a U.S. coin is inserted and it holds up to $100 in quarters (cha ching!). SRP $49.99. I found it for $33.99 on Amazon and $69.99 at Best Buy! Bastards!
PEANUT BUTTER CUP & PRETZEL TERRINE
Salty and sweet, cool and crunchy, this ice cream cake will satisfy every craving.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment, leaving an overhang. Press 1½ pints softened vanilla ice cream into the pan, top with 20 chopped mini peanut butter cups, another 1½ pints vanilla ice cream, and ¾ cup broken pretzels. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- To serve, remove from pan and slice.
Rene Caovilla Rhinestone Embellished Laced Fuchsia Sandals
IDEA I LOVE
This is called an ‘outdoor serving tray,” but once I make it it will be my “morning coffee serving try” carried by Mr. Electric into my boudoir. I love the paint and fabric combination. Start raiding your stash! The time has come. Here’s how:
Have you checked out …
The new Slow Stitching Movement blog has been posted. This blog is about “Semper Tedium! What I Learned (and you can, too)!” I’d love for you to take a look at it and give me any feedback. Thanks! xooxm